Slent Hearing & Balance Center is passionate about personalized care, even when office visits aren’t an option. That’s why we offer virtual visits for patients who need assistance during times like COVID-19. We also offer remote care with the ReSound App which lets your doctor adjust your hearing aid virtually while you stay home. ReSound’s Assist feature allows us to send precise, customized adjustments directly to your phone to update your hearing aids. It’s one more way we ensure our patients always experience optimal sound. For some patients, ReSound Assist is a new feature, so here are some tips to solve common issues. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to call us. We’re always here to help!
1. Start By Checking Your Phone’s Connectivity
Often the issue with ReSound stems from the connection between your phone and hearing aids, not the App. Here are some steps to take to make sure your phone is properly paired with your hearing aids.
- Start by selecting “Settings” on your phone.
- Then choose “Bluetooth” and turn it on.
- In “Settings,” choose “Accessibility” and scroll down to choose “Hearing Devices.”
- If you’ve connected before, your hearing aids will pop up under “Hearing Devices,” so scroll down and choose “Forget this Device.”
- After that, or if it’s your first time connecting, move on to the following steps.
2. Pair or Re-Pair Your Phone with Your Hearing Aids
- Now that you’re ready to connect, turn your hearing aids off and remove the batteries or place them on the charger.
- Re-install the batteries or remove aids from the charger and turn them back on.
- Check your phone to see if your hearing aids show up under”Hearing Devices” in “Settings.”
- Press the option to “Triple-click the Home button at any time to show hearing device options.”
- Then, you’ll receive a “Bluetooth Pairing Request.” Pair once for one hearing aid, or twice for two.
3. Try Other Connectivity Tips if ReSound Still Isn’t Working
You may only need to try one of these tips, but here’s a comprehensive list of suggestions to find a swift solution.
- Turn your phone off and on and check that it has a strong signal.
- Turn Bluetooth off and back on through your phone.
- Make sure Bluetooth is “allowed” on your ReSound App.
- Check that you aren’t in “Demo Mode” on ReSound by turning it on and off through the “More” tab, then restart devices.
- Delete and download ReSound again.
- Close all other Apps and open ReSound again.
- Install any software updates your phone suggests.
- Replace hearing aid batteries or move aids closer to the phone.
4. Follow These Steps to Send a ReSound Assist Request
- In the ReSound App, send us a message about your hearing issue, which will also send us your hearing aid settings.
- Look for our response which will come through the App, detailing the fine-tuned adjustments.
- Then place your hearing aids and your phone close together and press “Install.”
- Once you’ve tried the new settings, send us your feedback with the “Rate My Sound” feature.
The doctors at Slent Hearing know how essential your hearing is, and we want you to experience the best sound quality possible. With ReSound Assist, you get customized care from the comfort of home. Your doctor is just a click away. Try these simple tips to enjoy the relief that ReSound Assist provides. If you require further assistance, please call us at 985-273-5795 or click here to schedule an appointment.