One of SLENT Hearing & Balance’s priorities is to be in a constant state of learning so that we can always offer patients the best in hearing technology, and one of the newest hearing aid news is called Custom made by ReSound.
With the first availability rolled out in late June 2022, this prescription hearing aid is designed to be worn as an earbud. It’s very user friendly, and we have been impressed with its sound quality and comfort so far.
What Does Dr. J.J. Martinez Think of ReSound Custom Hearing Aids?
I’m impressed with these rechargeable, prescription hearing aids, and ReSound has gone out of their way to make them as comfortable as possible for the wearer.
I believe these will be a good hearing solution for some of SLENT’s patients who want to buy a hearing device that has a custom-made fit to the shape of their ear and doesn’t look like a prescription hearing aid.
There are some people, however, who are not good candidates for earbud hearing aids because of existing issues with the shape of their ear canal, making it too difficult to have them fit comfortably even with a custom fit.
Additionally, sudden hearing loss or a hearing loss that’s progressing very quickly must be investigated for a possible medical cause.
Why Custom Hearing Aids by ReSound Might Work for You
Custom could work well for you if:
- You love the idea of a hearing aid that looks like an earbud and is comfortable enough to wear 24/7.
- You need a hearing device with a single charge that lasts for 24 hours.
- You’ve heard that Custom are 3D printed to exactly match the shape of each ear canal for a perfect fit, and that this also ensures the device’s mics will be directed properly.
- You use either Android or Apple devices and you would like to stream from them to your hearing aids.
- You are the caregiver for a person whose dexterity is low and you love the idea of them being able to push one large button on their earbud to control sound.
- You have an active lifestyle, and the idea of a sweat-proof and water-resistant earbud is attractive.
- You find yourself in several different sound environments every day and you need something with different settings to reduce each type of background noise.
- Your job or medical condition requires you to wear a mask and you need hearing aids that will not dislodge every time you take off your mask.
- Your teenager is unwilling to wear a prescription hearing aid but has no problem wearing earbuds.
- You would like ongoing customer support from ReSound and your audiologist.
Ask SLENT about Custom Hearing Aids
Custom hearing aids might be an excellent fit for your particular type of hearing loss and your current circumstances, lifestyle, and budget.
If you’ve never worn a hearing aid before, these custom-fit prescription hearing aids can be a comfortable start, and no one will even know you’re wearing a hearing aid.
Book a hearing consultation here or call us at 985-273-5795 to find out more about Custom made by ReSound. SLENT is here for you for all your hearing health needs, and we’re happy to answer any questions you have about all the different types of hearing treatment available.